St Andrew's Church

St Andrew's Church
Kerkstraat 4
6074 BA
Melick
St Andrew's Church in Melick

Places of interest

The present St Andrew's Church is the post-war replacement of earlier church buildings in Melick that had their foundations on the Kerkberg (site just outside the present village centre).

The predecessors of St Andrew's Church

Melick's church history goes back well into the Middle Ages. The (current) church bell from 1337 is one of the few remnants from this time. The previous church on this Kerkberg, designed by Roermond architect P. Cuypers in the 19th century, did not survive the Second World War (unfortunately). All that remains of this church is a ray chapel and two statues which are beautifully situated within the old cemetery of this village community. These are free to visit.

Nearby

The distances mentioned below are the distances from the location above.

 
 
1,72km
Walking/hiking routes
 
2,82km
Walking/hiking routes
 
 
3,18km
Restaurant
 
 
3,81km
Restaurant
 
4,13km
Lunchroom
 
4,14km
Restaurant
 
4,16km
Restaurant
 
4,18km
Restaurant
 
4,19km
Restaurant
 
4,20km
Restaurant
 
4,30km
Restaurant
 
 
 
4,39km
Restaurant
 
4,40km
Lunchroom
 
4,40km
Restaurant
 
4,45km
Restaurant
 
4,54km
Lunchroom
 
4,62km
Lunchroom
 
4,63km
Restaurant
 
4,64km
Restaurant
 
4,65km
Restaurant
 
 
4,65km
Walking/hiking routes
 
4,65km
Café or pub
 
4,66km
Restaurant
 
4,67km
Cycle route
 
4,67km
Cycle route
 
4,68km
Cycle route
 
 
4,68km
Cycle route
 
4,68km
Cycle route
 
4,68km
Walking/hiking routes
 
4,68km
Cycle route
 
 
 
 
4,71km
Restaurant
 
4,72km
Restaurant