St. Wilbers well

The Sint Wilbersput in Meijel symbolises the well where Saint Willibrordus is said to have preached. St Willibrordus became a priest and came to the Netherlands with other missionaries in 690.

Next to the well you find a boundary or directional stone. This is a replica of the boundary stone that was placed at the St. Wilbersput in 1549. This former boundary stone was a point of reference to mark the border between the bickering municipalities of Someren and Nederweert.

The current stone was placed in 1761, with on one side the coat of arms of the Seven United Provinces, to which Deurne and Asten belonged (the lion with seven arrows), and on the other side the coat of arms of Austria (the two-headed eagle). From 1715 onwards, Meijel and Nederweert belonged to Austria's Gelde.

Nearby

The distances mentioned below are the distances from the location above.

 
1,06km
Walking/hiking routes
 
1,85km
Cycle route
 
3,90km
Walking/hiking routes
 
4,63km
Walking/hiking routes
 
4,81km
Walking/hiking routes
 
5,46km
Walking/hiking routes
 
5,46km
Walking/hiking routes
 
5,46km
Walking/hiking routes
 
5,79km
Walking/hiking routes
 
6,01km
Walking/hiking routes
 
 
6,55km
Walking/hiking routes
 
7,81km
Walking/hiking routes
 
8,00km
Walking/hiking routes
 
8,07km
Lunchroom
 
8,07km
Lunchroom
 
8,07km
Restaurant
 
8,12km
Restaurant
 
8,22km
Restaurant
 
8,42km
Walking/hiking routes
 
8,53km
Walking/hiking routes
 
8,75km
Walking/hiking routes
 
8,83km
Walking/hiking routes
 
9,00km
Walking/hiking routes
 
 
9,60km
Walking/hiking routes
 
9,60km
Cycle route
 
9,60km
Cycle route
 
9,71km
Restaurant
 
9,71km
Walking/hiking routes
 
9,85km
Cycle route
 
9,85km
Cycle route
 
9,86km
Walking/hiking routes
 
9,97km
Lunchroom