Museum of Psychiatry

Museum Psychiatrie
Stationsweg 46
5803 AC
Venray
Photo of the main St Anna building at the Museum of Psychiatry

Museum

Since its opening in 1977 by the then State Secretary Hendriks, the Museum of Psychiatrie in Venray has been a museum offering an overview of the history of psychiatry in Venray.

The history of Psychiatry dates back to 1905 when the Brothers of Charity from Ghent in Belgium received permission to build an asylum for Roman Catholic male insane and nervous sufferers. Two years later, the Sisters of Charity were given permission to build an insane asylum for women. Now, more than a hundred years later, the Museum of Psychiatrie looks back at what happened in the care of people with psychiatric illnesses during this period.

Nearby

The distances mentioned below are the distances from the location above.

 
0,90km
Walking/hiking routes
 
0,95km
Walking/hiking routes
 
1,60km
Walking/hiking routes
 
 
2,02km
Walking/hiking routes
 
2,37km
Walking/hiking routes
 
2,37km
Walking/hiking routes
 
3,61km
Walking/hiking routes
 
3,85km
Walking/hiking routes
 
3,85km
Walking/hiking routes
 
4,12km
Walking/hiking routes
 
4,27km
Walking/hiking routes
 
4,68km
Walking/hiking routes
 
 
5,35km
Walking/hiking routes
 
5,55km
Walking/hiking routes
 
7,24km
Walking/hiking routes
 
7,57km
Walking/hiking routes
 
7,86km
Walking/hiking routes
 
8,25km
Walking/hiking routes
 
8,26km
Walking/hiking routes
 
8,50km
Walking/hiking routes
 
8,69km
Walking/hiking routes
 
9,05km
Walking/hiking routes